Four Important Things Advertisers Need to Know About OOH for 2022
Out-of-home advertising has suffered dramatically in recent years due to lockdowns and a lack of travel. We anticipate the OOH business to rebound as the world opens up again. In fact, by the end of 2022, OOH is expected to have grown by a significant 11% since 2020.
Marketers must understand the dynamics of digital signage and plan around current trends to get the most out of it. We’ll go through some fascinating trends and ideas for preparing your digital signage media for 2022 in this blog post.
What Is Out-of-Home Advertising (OOH)?
Traditional (i.e., non-digital and non-programmatic) outdoor advertising is known as out-of-home (OOH). OOH advertising, often known as out-of-home or outdoor media, is about communicating with customers while they are out and about, traveling to work, waiting (e.g., in elevators), or in specific business venues.
What Is the OOH Growth Forecast for the Next Few Years?
Global digital OOH spending is expected to reach $8.3 billion by the end of 2021 and $15.9 billion by 2027, more than tripling from $7.4 billion in 2020 in less than a decade, according to Statista.
Billboards, on-car advertisements, bus stop shelters, and other kinds of out-of-home advertising are ubiquitous.
Why Is Digital Out-of-Home Advertising So Effective Right Now?
We’ve arrived at a turning point in the evolution of OOH advertising. The COVID-19 pandemic has fostered the circumstances for digital OOH to thrive rather than limiting it.
When you combine programmatic OOH’s technology advancements with digital billboards and outdoor advertising, you have the perfect opportunity to maximize commercial advantages.
For 2022, there are four things that marketers should be aware of about outdoor advertising
1. Expenses Will be Reduced Due to a More Focused Reach
Out-of-home advertising is utilized to target a broad audience to reach specific demographics. The “fishing” method is no longer effective. Outdoor advertising will contact target clients whenever and wherever firms wish to reach them in the future.
This is achievable because of enhanced media measuring techniques that allow marketers to understand their customers better. Brands will evaluate and use large amounts of data without wasting their advertising cash or time.
Outdoor advertisements will be fitted with Bluetooth beacons in 2022 to transmit the audience that interacted with the ad. Advertisers can make adjustments based on the information to adapt the ad to the requirements and wants of the customers in that specific region.
Such modifications will considerably improve the intended audience’s odds of noticing an outdoor advertisement. Overall, the information will be gathered to improve campaign targeting and give a more contextually relevant ad.
2. Outdoor Advertising is Increasing Consistently
The digital marketing movement affects the outdoor advertising industry, just like it is affecting many other businesses. Consumers are already accustomed to watching commercials in 4K resolution. As a result, this digital sphere movement is in line with demand.
Digital technology, when used correctly, can help outdoor marketing since it uses 4K quality, which boasts high resolution and bright, vivid pictures that can keep users’ attention for extended periods.
Because digital advertising and massive digital billboards are considerably easier and more convenient to relocate, they will continue to grow in popularity in the coming year. Showing many digital outdoor adverts on a single screen demonstrates the cost dynamics.
Advertisers using multi-image advertisements have more significant influence over the medium and ultimate ad outcomes than those with static ads. Some promotions, for example, perform better in a static format, while others may perform better in a dynamic format.
According to recent data, digital outdoor advertising accounts for over 30% of global OOH revenues. Advertisers who keep reinventing themselves in this setting will have a better chance of succeeding in the coming years.
3. Outdoor Advertising with Mobile Integration
The goal of outdoor marketing is to improve the user experience. Certain brands have combined mobile and outdoor advertising to boost client connections. Technology allows potential buyers to interact with commercials and exchange vital data with the company in real-time.
Customer input aids in the creation of a more personalized user experience. Such encounters include instant links with clients’ mobile phones when they come within the range of advertising billboards. Because beacons allow adverts to hop inside a customer’s phone practically, their use is becoming more frequent.
4. Brands recognize the Power of Storytelling.
The human mind is wired to latch onto facts and views told in the shape of a narrative. Consumers remember events better when they are told stories. For example, it will be challenging to place a new brand of toothpaste that does not stand out from the competition; yet, introducing the same toothpaste as part of a gripping story will undoubtedly elicit a positive response.
If the commercial is narrated vividly, any brand with a compelling story to its context will have an unconscious impact. Outdoor advertising adopts this method by creating ads that only communicate a portion of the tale, leaving the viewer waiting for the following ad in the storyline. Experts predict that this narrative approach will be used more in 2022.
What Are the Benefits of Outdoor Advertising?
- Consumers accept outdoor advertising: The market has grown progressively swamped with digital and in-home advertising initiatives. When we over-saturate the market with a product or idea, the consumer grows sensitized to it.
- People are spending more time outside: During the pandemic, outdoor activities such as jogging, walking, and cycling have proven to be a lifeline for many people at an otherwise uncertain time. This is fantastic news for companies that spend money on outdoor advertising and digital signage.
- OOH breaks through the clutter: Unlike obtrusive web advertising, targeting consumers when they’re most receptive to your campaign messages. Customers have time to read, digest, and interact with your adverts while waiting for public transportation or roaming about a city center. This could be your way of getting ahead of the competition in an era where competition for online real estate is expanding while interaction with it is decreasing.
- OOH Provides a Platform for Creative Impact: Large billboards can display brand creativity. When it comes to cutting through the clutter of our daily lives, size does matter. However, being in the real world’s public domain has apparent advantages. It implies you have more control over the context in which your brand is placed.
Marketers and advertising agencies should think about and use OOH advertising in their 2022 advertising strategies. OOH allows you to use new technologies and stand out from the sea of competition while delivering measured and comparable results.
Leave a comment